Group lessons are carefully designed to introduce new players to the game of tennis and to help experienced players thrive. All lessons are taught by professional and experienced coaches.
The CCTC uses the Progressive Tennis approach, which has been identified by Tennis Canada and other tennis leaders as a best-practice methodology. By allowing players to use equipment and courts that are appropriate for their age and ability, they can have more success, more quickly. Which means more fun for everyone!
If you know some kids who would like to play tennis this summer, the CCTC is the place to be. Every year we run programs at all three neighbourhood parks. The focus is always on fun and learning new skills with new friends.
Evening Summer Programs
Student : Teacher Ratio
Minimum 4 : 1
Maximum 8 : 1
Please note that after school programs and court locations may be subject to change.
- [JNR_01] Monday/Wednesday Progressive II (Ages 8–11) • July 8/10, 15/17 (4 Lessons) • 4:30pm – 5:30pm • Kinsmen Park • $50
- [JNR_02] Monday/Wednesday Progressive III (Ages 11–18) • July 8/10, 15/17 (4 Lessons) • 5:30pm – 6:30pm • Kinsmen Park • $50
- [JNR_06] Tuesday/Thursday Advanced Academy (Ages 11–18) • July 16/18, 23/25 (4 Lessons) • 6:30pm – 8:00pm • Kinsmen Park • $75
Interested in more July (or August) evening programs for your kids this summer? Please send us an email and let us know!
If there is enough interest, we will try to run some additional programs.
The main focus of all our camps is tennis; however, some do include other active sports and activities based on energy level and enthusiasm. Whether your child is a beginner, intermediate, or advanced tennis player, we have the professional staff to help him or her develop the skills necessary to improve his or her game.
Kids in our summer camps are grouped based on their skill level, so they all have the opportunity to take their games to the next level. It is also a great way for them to make new friends and develop long-lasting friendships!
Please bring a light snack for refreshment and email us if you need to borrow rackets.
July – August 2019
Depending on popularity, more summer camps may yet be offered in July and August!
Sign up now for a July and August sessions together for only $180!
JUNIOR • Summer Camp (Ages 5–8) • August 12th–16th (5 Days) • 9:00am – 10:30am • Kinsmen Park • $100[FULL — REGISTRATION CLOSED] JUNIOR • Summer Camp (Ages 8–12) • August 12th–16th (5 Days) • 10:30am – 12:00pm • Kinsmen Park • $100[FULL — REGISTRATION CLOSED]
- [JNR_04] Summer Camp (Ages 5–8) • August 26th–30th (5 Days) • 9:00am – 10:30am • Kinsmen Park • $100
- [JNR_05] Summer Camp (Ages 8–12) • August 26th–30th (5 Days) • 10:30am – 12:00pm • Kinsmen Park • $100
What else do you need to know?
Prices are for the programs only. If your son or daughter is not yet a member of the CCTC for 2019, then a junior membership will also need to be purchased for him or her for an additional $25 (one-time fee).
In order for programs and summer camps to run, we must have at least 4 participants registered a week prior to the start of the class or else it may be cancelled. We will get in contact with any parents affected.
In the event of rain or other unsafe or unplayable conditions on the courts, the following protocol will be followed:
- Our website will be updated as soon as possible with notice for any cancelled classes or programs. Please see the "Up-to-date information on cancellations due to poor weather or court conditions" section on our homepage, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're still uncertain.
Emails will be sent out to the families of participants to make arrangements for make-up classes.
It is important that participants attempt to attend all lessons. Due to high demand and busy program schedules, make-up classes are not available in the event that a student misses a lesson.
Want your son or daughter to have even more personal attention? Our professional coaches are available for one-on-one instruction at all CCTC court locations — or another of your choosing. No matter your child's skill level (beginner, intermediate or advanced) we can help make him or her an even better player and foster a lifelong love for this sport.
Please note: Your child must already be a CCTC junior member for for the season!
Schedule and locations are customized for you. Please contact us at email@example.com to arrange your child's private lesson.
- Private (1 person) — $50 / hour
- Semi-private (2 persons) — $35 / hour per person
- Private group (3 persons) — $25 / hour per person
- Private group (4–5 persons) — $20 / hour per person
- Private group (6–8 persons) — $15 / hour per person
Questions or feedback?
Our kids programs can be extremely lively and the coaches may not always have time to answer your questions. If there's something that you would like to discuss, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.